Saturday, February 2, 2013

Italian sausage & pepperoni pizza


FRIDAY NIGHT PIZZA NIGHT

Friday was another beautiful day! When I got home from the gym, I began to work in the front yard. The weeds were getting out of control, so I pulled them and then  pulled out our 6 foot tall, dead holly bush. It felt good to do some yard work….which I know my dad would laugh at if he heard me say that! I used to HATE pulling weeds and doing yard work when I was growing up! Luckliy, I've matured since then and have an appreciation for yard work, especially when my husband has such a green thumb when it comes to our yard. Come late February, early March, I'll start my herb garden in the back.

FRIDAY PIZZA NIGHT started last night! I mentioned in Thursday's post that from now on, every Friday night will be pizza night…..or at least most Friday nights. I know things will come up and we won't be able to do it every single week, but we can at least try! I want Mike to be able to come home and have a relaxing, fun end to the week and I think this will be just right!

I thought this was going to be an easy pizza night with an Italian sausage and pepperoni pizza. However, my trusty pizza stone decided to burn while the oven was preheating and when I opened the oven, the entire kitchen filled with smoke! It was a little chaotic for a bit, but the pizza was cooked on a baking sheet instead and our house, thank goodness, doesn't smell like smoke! I will be buying a new pizza stone this week! 

A few sides notes about the pizza: I like buying the "just add water" pizza dough mixes. They're easy, yet you still feel like you're making a pizza from scratch. I also buy the pizza sauce. Maybe one Friday I'll make homemade sauce!


INGREDIENTS:
Pizza crust mix
corn meal
pepperoni
ground Italian sausage
1 can pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese
garlic salt
extra vigin olive oil

DIRECTIONS:

***OVEN TEMP: cook the pizza according to the oven temperature listed on your pizza crust mix package.

Prepare pizza crust/dough according to package directions. (while my dough is rising, I'll cook the sausage.) 

Cook ground Italian sausage in a skillet. 

Sprinkle corn meal on your pizza pan/baking sheet/baking stone (The corn meal helps the pizza crust to crisp up and not to stick.) 

Roll out the pizza dough and place on your pizza pan/baking sheet or stone.  

Brush the pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle the edges with garlic salt. 

Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.

Take pizza crust out and spread pizza sauce over crust. 

Then sprinkle with Italian sausage. 

Next sprinkle the mozzarella cheese. 

Put pepperoni on top of cheese.

Finally, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Careful not to let crust burn. 

 Finished pizza...YUM! Makes 8-10 slices.


Don't forget the dessert I made ahead of time...Chocolate Brownie Pie!
Enjoy!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




No comments:

Post a Comment