Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spiked Shirley Temple

My grandmother was named after the actress Shirley Temple…she even had that curly hair as a little girl. I remember watching a few Shirley Temple movies in black & white, but I couldn't tell you the name of them or what they were about. All I seem to remember are the words to a song, "On the good ship lollypop."


Anyways, there was a restaurant in Overland Park, KS called Talk of the Talk Bar & Grill. We probably ate there a hand full of times and for some reason it's been the only place I've ever ordered a Shirley Temple. If you don't know the drink, it's ginger ale and grenadine with cherries in it and was created in the 1930s in a restaurant in Beverly Hills to serve child star Shirley Temple. I know this is the most random story ever and my husband would probably say sarcastically "Good story!" but there is a point!

I knew when we were at the store on Saturday that we didn't have but a few beers left in the fridge. Mike said he didn't want to get any more, so we didn't. I instead bought a 2 liter bottle of Cherry 7UP. Mike thought this was a bit strange, but I had an idea. I decided to take the Cherry 7UP and mix it with cake vodka…making a SPIKED SHIRLEY TEMPLE! It was a great concoction! So much so, Mike was making them last night too! (PS-Mike doesn't really even like cherries!!!!)

Here's my recipe for this yummy drink!


1 or 2 shot glasses full of cake vodka
Cherry 7UP
maraschino cherries

Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour 1-2 shot glasses full of cake vodka into glass. (I used 1 shot glass full, Mike used 2 and liked it better…..use you're own judgement on how much liquor you want in your drink!) Then fill the glass with cherry 7UP. Stir with a straw and ENJOY!


pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




No comments:

Post a Comment