Monday, February 4, 2013

Mustard Chicken

Mustard Chicken


We had a great weekend! Mike and I had a date night on Saturday. The weather was perfect for dinner on the patio at Tommy Bahama's and then we had after dinner drinks at Perry's. They have a fabulous Thyme Lemon Drop martini.


Sunday was good too. We took the dogs on a walk and relaxed until the big game. My parents had us over for fajitas and we thoroughly enjoyed Mike giving us a play-by-play of all the funny things being said on Twitter about the power outage in the Superdome. 

After a fun weekend of eating and drinking whatever we wanted, it's time to get back to eating healthy. I have my first 5K this month and another in early March, so I really need to make sure I'm eating healthy during the week days.

My sister gave me this recipe for Mustard Chicken. It's easy, healthy, and REALLY good! 


 INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (you can use chicken tenders too!)
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups panko or unseasoned dried bread crumbs (turns out I didn't have panko, so I used whole grain bread crumbs)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard

DIRECTIONS:

Pound chicken to an even thickness and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs and coat well.


Heat olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and reduce heat to medium.


Cook turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side.

Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.

Add wine, broth, and honey to pan. Bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan.


Boil to reduce sauce to about 1/2 cup, 3-4 minutes. Stir in mustard and season to taste. 


Spoon sauce over chicken and serve warm.


Have a great week and enjoy!
pups & kisses,
  Tiffany


1 comment:

  1. The martini looks delicious! Sounds like the perfect date night. I'm adding this chicken to next week's menu for sure, I just told Andre' the recipe and he may or may not have started drooling. Who knew eating healthy during the week could lend to so many good meals?!

    ReplyDelete