Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chocolate Brownie Pie

Chocolate Brownie Pie


It's been a gorgeous few days here in Houston. These days remind me of growing up in Overland Park, Kansas. The weather was always beautiful with bright blue skies and highs in the 60s. We called days like that Kansas City Days. Of course, we didn't have those kinds of days year round, but come spring and early fall, it was heavenly weather! I miss the midwest weather... four seasons, instead of what seems like a year-round summer here.

The pups and I spent some time in the backyard while the weather was so nice. I took my camera with me hoping to get some pictures of the girls, who are in desperate need of a grooming! (They're going next week!) I know the neighbors, if they can hear me, think I'm crazy. I say just about anything to get the dog's attention when they're outside, so I can snap a few good pictures of them. This is all I got today!



This afternoon I took the time to start getting ready for the inaugural Friday Pizza Nights, which will start tomorrow. Now that I'm not going to work everyday, I can cook dinner on Friday nights, without feeling exhausted or going out to eat! I also decided that Mike needed something stress-free and fun after a long work week, so from now on, most Friday nights will be homemade pizza….or take-out pizza. So in preparing, I wanted to make a yummy dessert. My only hope is that it's still around come Friday night!

Chocolate Brownie Pie- A yummy, fudgy pie, that's super easy to make!
Serves 8-10
INGREDIENTS:
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 dark corn syrup
3/4 pecan halves
9 inch pastry shell 

DIRECTIONS:
Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler over hot water.


Beat in the eggs, sugar, and corn syrup. 



Stir in pecan halves.


Pour into 9-inch pastry shell and bake 45-50 minutes on 375 degrees, until just set. 
(Once it cooled, I put mine in the fridge, just to help it set a bit more)



Serve slightly warm or cold topped with ice cream or whipped cream.


I ate half the slice before I remembered the whipped cream......it was really delish!
pups & kisses,
  Tiffany


1 comment:

  1. Pie looks yummy! Glad you are having good weather days. This morning it is 6 degrees with a wind chill of -15. Good ole Illinois weather!

    ReplyDelete