Friday, February 8, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pizza


This week flew by, especially the past 2 days. I took both girls to the groomer, but on separate days. I know those of you with human children will laugh, but it's a little difficult to take both pups to the groomer at the same time, while I'm by myself. Pasha gets very anxious in the car and won't sit still, then as soon as I park and open my door, she has the urge to jump over the center console, over me, and out of the car….all the while, I'm trying NOT to let her leash fly out of my hand and to not allow Carly to claw me to death as she climbs up my neck because she's nervous! THOSE reasons are why it's BEST to get them groomed separately. Once we have human children, I WILL be paying extra for a mobile groomer to park in front of my house and groom the dogs.

Neither of the pups looked like the same dog when I picked them up! Needless to say, they were VERY furry and in desperate need of a haircut!

Today is Friday, so that means another FRIDAY PIZZA NIGHT! I'm not a huge BBQ fan, but I do like BBQ sauce. I've had several BBQ chicken pizzas in my lifetime, but one always stands out as the best. That's the one I had when working in Salt Lake City over 5 years ago. It came from a place called The Pie Pizzeria. Before I was a teacher, I was VERY BRIEFLY in medical sales. I had to do a month of training in Utah, which my entire family can attest to, as the WORST month of my life. I think everyone was ready for me to come home just so my complaining would stop. Anyways, since that miserable month was so long ago, I can now look back and focus on the positive from my experience there……the BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA! I think the 2 ingredients that made it so good were the smoked gouda cheese and cilantro.

Here's my own version, made simpler by using Boboli pizza crust…..ENJOY!

INGREDIENTS:
1 Boboli pizza crust
your favorite BBQ sauce (HEB was out of my fav, so I settled for one instead…..had I planned this better, I would have made Bobby Flay's bbq sauce with chipotles in adobo)
shredded smoked gouda
shredded mozzarella
roughly chopped cilantro
1 seasoned, cooked,  & diced chicken breast

DIRECTIONS:
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

Season and cook the chicken breast how ever you choose. You can bake, grill, panfry…..whatever is easiest for you! I'm just seasoning with garlic salt and pepper and cooking in a skillet. Once the chicken is cooked and cooled, dice and set aside.

Spread BBQ sauce over the pizza crust.

Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over sauce and add diced chicken.


 Add shredded smoked gouda over chicken and cook in oven for 10 minutes.

Take pizza out of the oven and sprinkle the cilantro over the top of pizza.

*If you'd like to add a crunch to the pizza, add crispy fried onions to the top of pizza before serving!

**Mike stopped at the store on his way home to get beer. He also surprised me with a bottle of cabernet sauvingnon . He chose this bottle because it had a nice label! However, when he read the back, he found out this winery had partnered with Dave Matthews for the Dreaming Tree. It was a good wine that reminded me of a merlot.
Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what type of pizza y'all would have tonight;) looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete