Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chicken & Mushrooms in a garlic white wine sauce

Wednesday got here fast! And as I sit here and think back to Monday, I can't remember what I did! I know I went for a run, which was a bit harder than usual because I was running against 25 mile per hour winds, but that's all I remember! Tuesday was another nice day here, (sorry all those in the midwest who got your second snow storm in two weeks!) I went for another run outside, met my mom for a quick lunch, and did 3 loads of laundry. Tonight I'm heading out to my grandparent's house to spend the evening with my Nanny while Grandad is at the rodeo with my aunt. I'm sure some Lifetime movies are in our future!

Our weeknight dinners are usually pretty boring….chicken and salad. When I was dieting this past fall, we ate a lot of chicken, salad, and veggies….cooked in spray cooking oil and Mrs. Dash. We got really used to BORING dinners, which had it's pluses and minuses. MINUS- I LOVE to cook and cooking chicken and salad the same way every night, 5 nights a week is NOT fun! PLUS- Along with exercise and barely drinking any alcohol,  I LOST 30 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, since I've become the Domestic Dog Mom and I've been at home, I haven't been cooking that boring healthy everyday. A few days a week I do boring healthy, and a few days a week I switch it up a bit! Last night was one of those nights. I found this recipe on skinnytaste.com. This recipe only had 169 calories a serving, was low in fat, and high in protein…..which is great if you want to lose weight. When I was losing my 30 pounds….it was all about lean protein! This recipe was YUMMY, reminded me of chicken marsala, and Mike gave it the stamp of approval!

Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
(Adapted from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes- Skinnytaste.com)
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: divide between 4 • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 169 • Fat: 5.5 g • Protein: 22.8 g • Carb: 4.9 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Sugar: 1.7 g 



INGREDIENTS:
8 chicken tenderloins, 16 oz total (I used 2 chicken breasts, because there's only two of us and it's what I already had!)
2 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz sliced mushrooms (I used one 7 oz. can of sliced mushrooms since I'm not cooking for four)
1/4 cup white wine
1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
salt and fresh pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (Didn't have fresh, so I used dried, or you can leave it out all together)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 200°. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour. 

Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil. Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside in a warm oven.


Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; addmushrooms, salt and pepper stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.

Add wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir the pan with a wooden spoon breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half. Top the chicken with the mushroom sauce and serve.




ENJOY!

pups & kisses,
   Tiffany


1 comment:

  1. This makes me wish I liked mushrooms!

    We do skinnytaste meals all the time - the lettuce wraps are AMAZING and our favorite is the turkey stuffed bell peppers.

    ReplyDelete