Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Day Cookie Bars

I had planned to meet a good friend for lunch today at Grimaldi's Pizzeria. However, she caught what her kids had over the weekend and had to postpone until next week. I was up and ready to go anyways, so I got out in the drizzly weather and ran some errands. I picked up a birthday present for my sister, some running gear for me, and one more V-day gift for Mike. All in all, it was a very productive day!

I came across a recipe for Monster Magic Cookie Bars on SomethingSwanky.com. Very few ingredients sold me on the recipe! I added more graham crackers and butter to cover of my 13 X 9 pan better and Valentine's day colored M&M's. Since my friend was home sick instead of being able to meet for lunch, I packaged some of the bars a cute bag and dropped them on her front porch. Hopefully something sweet will help her feel better!


Valentine's Day Cookie Bars
(adapted from SomethingSwanky.com)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 13 & 1/2 full graham crackers
  • 6 tbsp. butter
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • approximately 3/4 c. oats
  • approximately 3/4 c. M&Ms
  • approximately 3/4 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a zip top bag, crush the graham crackers using a rolling pin.
  2. Once crushed, add the 4 tbsp. butter to the bag.
  3. Place in the microwave and heat up for about 30 seconds.
  4. Remove from microwave, let out the air and make sure the bag is sealed (maybe let it cool for a second or two!), and “mush” the butter and graham crackers together until fully incorporated.
  5. Press the graham cracker crumbs into a well-greased and parchment lined 9×13 baking dish.
  6. Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker layer.
  7. Sprinkle the oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips evenly over the sweetened condensed milk and gently press in a little.
  8. Bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the edges.
  9. Let cool and serve.

Enjoy!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





No comments:

Post a Comment