Monday, February 18, 2013

One more day…

This weekend was great and it's lasting one more day because Mike's home with the President's day holiday. 

Saturday morning was heaven! I had a 45 minute massage and an adjustment, which was much needed! When I got home, Mike and I ran some errands and had lunch at Chuy's…which will always hold a special place in my heart, since our first date was there! We finished out the day with myself spending some good time in the kitchen getting game day food together for the college basketball GAMEDAY game, Kansas vs. Texas. It was the best we've seen KU play in a while and the food we ate during the game was pretty good too! I'll share those recipes later this week.

My super cute gameday socks...thanks Mom & Mike!
KU dish ready for some yummy food and the girls and I cheering on the JAYHAWKS!
ROCK CHALK!!!

Sunday morning, the dogs let us sleep in until 8 am! GASP! For those who know us, you know our dogs are notorious for waking up on the weekends at the crack of dawn…or sometimes way before dawn! We then pumped up our bike tires and biked through the nature preserve in our neighborhood that runs along a big creek. We came out on the other side of the creek and continued our bike ride over to Starbucks. We enjoyed our favorite drinks while sitting out on the patio there and regained some strength to make the trek home.


We relaxed a bit, caught up on DVR, and then took the basketball to the courts in our park. We're used to working out 5-6 days a week, but with the biking and basketball….Monday morning we were feeling sore in some new places!

I spent this morning in the Apple store learning how to better use our macbook pro. I signed up for another one-to-one class next week and I'm looking forward to becoming an Apple pro…..well, maybe not quite a pro! We may go see a movie later today, but I think we're both looking VERY forward to cooking the Lou Malnati's pizza I got Mike for Valentine's day. It's our FAVORITE Chicago deep dish and I'm so happy they ship! It may be the most expensive pizza we've ever eaten, but it will be WAY worth it!


I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful week!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





3 comments:

  1. Bowden loves to wake us up, too! But as long as wek take him right now, he'll go back to sleep if we want to. It's nice to get up and have the entire day to get things done as opposed to half of it when we sleep until noon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany-

    Just read through your blog, I love it!! LOVE your recipes and your sweet pups. It's awesome to follow you and to hear that you, your husband and family are doing great. Tell everyone I said hello!!

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taryn! I LOVE seeing pictures of your absolutely precious Harper! She's so photogenic! I hope you all are doing well and maybe one day, we could all meet up for a 1/2 marathon somewhere! Tell all your family hello from us Texans!

      Delete