Monday, February 25, 2013

3.1 down, 3.1 to go

Friday was my sister's 26th birthday! We celebrated by going to the Grotto for some yummy Italian food and then back to my parent's house for cake and presents. Only, it wasn't really cake. Tammy has never liked cake, so we surprised her with Tiny Pies. Tiny Pies is an Austin based small business who specializes in tiny pies, pie pops, pies in mason jars, and pie bites. My mom ordered an assortment of pie pops and they were not only adorable, but super yummy! I tried the Fredricksburg Peach, which was so great! It's hard to believe my sister is 26. She's gone through a lot, but continues to be a very strong young woman who has a very bright future ahead of her!


Saturday morning was my first 5K run ever. It was the Rodeo Run in downtown Houston and I ran the entire thing! Some would laugh at this and say it's only 3.1 miles…but for me, it's a huge accomplishment! I usually HATE running and have NEVER been a runner. In fact, I once had a fitness professor in college who told me I didn't know how to run and I needed to get to a track and practice! He was a jerk and also said women didn't know how to play sports……I ended up dropping the class so I didn't have to keep hearing his crap, cause he was full of it! Anyways, I didn't hate the run on Saturday at all! My wonderful husband stayed with my pace, despite the fact that he could have finished a lot sooner, but it was fun to run it together. Maybe one day I'll be able to do a half marathon WITH him.


After the run, we met my sis-in-law and adorable nephew for lunch. It was so fun to see them both. Reid has such a cute personality and it only flourishes the older he gets.

Uncle Mike & Aunt Tiff with Reid

Sunday morning Mike went for a 6 mile run, came home, got me out of bed, and took me to Einstein Brother's for a bagel. I used to eat Einstein's all the time when I lived in Kansas and I'm so glad one is now open only 10 minutes from our house. I had a pretzel bagel, which is my new favorite kind of bagel. From there we went to the grocery store, came home, Mike washed both cars, and then did nothing but watch DVR until it was time to go to church.
I'm looking forward to this coming weekend when I run another 3.1 miles and get some race bling at the finish line!

I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed week!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




1 comment:

  1. those pies are adorable! I need to order some up for Andre's birthday.

    congrats on the run!! I do know how hard it is to run the whole time, so that is a HUGE accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete