Monday, July 1, 2013

And the spending has begun!


This past weekend we figured there would be some 4th of July sales starting up and we wanted to take advantage of them when buying our nursery furniture. We were going to wait until this coming weekend, but were too excited, so we went out on Saturday afternoon to begin looking! 

We started at Baby & Kid's 1st Furniture. The store was bigger than I thought it was, and more expensive than I thought too. We weren't really looking to spend $1000 just on a crib They had a good selection, but some of the more affordable furniture didn't look like great quality…maybe it was because it was the floor model, but we didn't get the warm fuzzes! We also weren't offered any help, which I always take into consideration. After we walked the whole store, we looked at each other and said "And we're done!" and left! I wasn't impressed and Mike wasn't either. Off to Pottery Barn Kids we went. We were greeted and offered help right away and were given the 411 on all their nursery furniture. It was great customer service! They were also having a sale on the furniture we were interested in! Gretchen, our great sales lady, suggested we start our registry that day because it would be an additional 10% off the furniture. So we did! Mike didn't realize he would get to use the scanner gun again like he did when we registered for our wedding over 5 years ago.....he had a little fun with it...at one point we had 211 towels, that was fixed though! We only registered for nursery items and room decor. We bought a crib, dresser/changing table combo, and a glider chair. I can't wait to register this weekend at Baby's R Us for all the necessities……especially with this being our first baby, I want to make sure we have all the must haves when we bring home our precious Logan from the hospital!

Tomorrow we have painters coming to paint the nursery and to fix a spot in our very high ceilings in the family room. We weren't about to get scaffolding ourselves for that fix! I LOVE that we're finally able to start the nursery and get things going. I think little Logan is going to have the best looking room in the house!

Hope you have a great week! Be watching for a yummy, easy 4th of July dessert that is perfect for any summer picnic!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





2 comments:

  1. Of course I had to go look at the registry, it's going to be such a cute room! And I cannot get over how much people spend of cribs, I LOVE restoration hardware cribs but I would faint if we spent $1200 on a CRIB! I can't wait to see the one y'all got!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see it all!

    ReplyDelete