Monday, June 24, 2013

It's a.....


BOY! 

Saturday was filled with great fun as we had our big gender reveal party!

Friday, my mom and I ran a few last minute errands for the party…one of which was super important….dropping off the sealed envelope to Party City so they could fill the box with the appropriate color of balloons. We also dropped the dogs off at the groomer, and as a pregnancy present, my mom hired her old house cleaning crew to clean my house before the party. It was a wonderful present and the house was spotless! While we were out and about, a company called All About Doody came to clean the dog poop out of the back yard. Yes, I hired a company to come do that! They did a great job and deodorized the yard. Then Friday night, my sister came over to help me set up the table, and write on my chalkboards……even though I was a teacher, my handwriting is terrible and I ask Tam to help anytime something needs to be written!

Saturday morning came and I was able to sleep in. I made all the drinks for the party, and then relaxed for a little bit before it was time to get moving. My parent's picked up the big, sealed box of balloons from Party City since it's so close to their house, and then the cake was delivered to our house. Mike did the yard that morning and of course, it looked great!

The photographer I hired for the party came right before our guests began to arrive and the party got started! At 3:40, we moved the box of balloons to the backyard, all our family and friends came out, and we cut open the box. It was such a fun moment that I will never forget! Out of the box came BLUE balloons…and a Mickey Mouse balloon. We feel so blessed to have had our wonderful family and friends there to celebrate with us! Here are a few pictures I took, but can't wait to see all the photos from our fabulous photographer!

our entry way table where our guests could vote

the sealed box of balloons....just waiting to be opened!

old wive's tales....I was pretty much split down the middle

mike and i before the party started


sweet & salty food table ready to go

adorable cookies made by Hayley Cakes & Cookies

beautiful and yummy cake made by Hannah Joy's Cakes



after the big reveal

special thanks to my sister for all her help!

sneak peek at some of the photos our fabulous photographer, kayleigh kannady took......she and i were on the high school  drill team together and thanks to facebook, i was able to see her wonderful photography skills....it was great catching up with her!

Our precious pups were in our bathroom for the beginning of the party. After the reveal, we got them out and took some photos with them too! Once everyone left, they were zonked! It was a lot of activity for them, but they're excited about having a little brother!

Sunday morning we drove across town to see my grandparents. My grandmother has been in the hospital since Tuesday, and because we were out of town and had the party to prepare for, I hadn't been able to see her until yesterday. For some reason, her blood pressure hasn't been right at all…it's been extremely low, which is so dangerous. They increased the dosage of her medication, and by last night, her blood pressure finally was rising! Praise the Lord! We keep praying that it will increase more, the doctors will find out the cause, and she can be on the road to recovery! They are so excited about Mike and I having a boy…..my grandfather called it, and he thinks having a boy first means we'll have a girl next and it'll be great for her to have an older brother.

I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit this week and being home for longer than 3 days, after traveling this past week and the week before! I'm also super excited for my sister's trip to Disney this week with her fiancé….they'll finally get to pick a wedding date and start some planning for their magical wedding!

Have a wonderfully, blessed week!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




No comments:

Post a Comment