Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The best years yet


Yesterday I turned 30! Some would be scared or feel as though they're getting old….Yes, I am getting older, but more than anything, I think my 30s are going to be the best years yet! Turning 30 is also fun because you have multiple celebrations!

Thursday, last week, I met my two good friends, Traci & Traci for dinner. We ate yummy Mexican food and shared lots of laughs!

Friday night we went to my parent's house for a relaxing birthday celebration for me and my sister's fiancé. My mom ordered pizza from Grimaldi's and made an egg-less caesar salad, and had a very yummy lemon tart for dessert. It was a nice, low-key evening, which was exactly what I wanted!

Yummy lemon tart

Saturday we relaxed during the day and then got ready to go into town for an evening out with good friends. We ate at Backstreet Cafe and then went to the Hobby Center to see Wicked! I saw Wicked the very first time it came to Houston, which I think was about 8 or so years ago, and Mike had never seen it before, nor had our friends. It was a great production and continues to be one of my favorite musicals.

At the theatre...drinking Perrier, not beer...Looking a little larger!

Sunday morning we hung up the shelves we bought for Logan's nursery and then just sat in his room for a little bit. It's coming together, slowly, but surely! Today our glider chair is being delivered weeks earlier than expected, so that's exciting! We went to the pool mid-day Sunday, but only got in an hour or so. It started raining pretty heavily, so we decided to head home. That night we met Mike's family at Brio for dinner to celebrate his youngest sister's birthday and mine. It was a fun night, despite my nausea creeping in on the way there!

Yesterday I spent a few hours at the pool and then went to my good friend Melanie's house. She ordered pizza for our lunch and had mini bundt cakes for dessert. It was fun visiting with her and precious Avery! My mom stopped by on her way home work to say happy birthday to me, and then Mike and I went to dinner that night. We ate at Jasper's which is one of our favorite restaurants. We've been eating there for many years…all the way back to the first month we were dating! While we were eating, our waitress said "Guess who's eating in our restaurant right now?" "Rob Thomas!" I only got to see the back of his head, but it was still cool! Matchbox 20 is performing at the pavilion tonight.

My sister put this in our yard early yesterday morning! That lollipop was from drill team banquet, senior year of high school. I think this was my mom's idea of getting rid of it...or at least back at my house and out of her garage!

Birthday lunch at Melanie's house

Not a great picture, but oh well!

My 30th birthday was great and meeting our precious little Logan in 3 months will make 30 the best year ever! Thursday we have another serial ultrasound, so it'll be interesting to see how much bigger he is since June 20th. I know he's much bigger, because I'm much bigger! In fact, our waitress last night said "You're pretty far along right? What 7 months?" Just add that to the list of things you shouldn't say to a pregnant woman!

Have a great week!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





No comments:

Post a Comment