Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grandmommie's BBQ Chicken


Over the weekend my mom and her sisters helped clean my grandparent's house. While cleaning, they came across my great-grandmother's personal box of recipes. My mom thought she already had a box of these recipes, but it turns out, there are many, many more! My great-grandmother, known as Grandmommie to me, was a fabulous cook! So many of her recipes have been passed around the family and most family events have at least one dish that was originally hers. 

I was looking for an easy, yummy meal to cook this week and I instantly thought of Grandmommie's BBQ Chicken. My mom made this when we were growing up and I remember how easy it was, not to mention delish! 



INGREDIENTS:
Chicken Thighs
Chicken drumsticks or legs
BBQ sauce
1/2 cup flour
3/4 stick of butter
Salt & Pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Salt and pepper the chicken

Place 1/2 cup of flour in shallow bowl and dredge chicken in flour


Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat

Brown chicken in pan until golden brown on each side


Move browned chicken to a glass baking dish. Baste the chicken with bbq sauce and place in the oven. Bake for 30-45 minutes….basting chicken a few more times during baking time



ENOJOY!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





No comments:

Post a Comment