Monday, June 3, 2013

Looking forward to tomorrow


*Before I get into my actual blog post, I wanted to mention a sad day the city of Houston suffered this past Friday. The Houston Fire Department, while fighting a motel fire, lost 4 firefighters…more than in any other blaze in the history of the department. I watched most of the breaking news coverage and never have I seen a fire so strong, nor have I seen so many firefighters at one scene. There is such a family unit amongst the HFD. While it was such a sad scene and sad news that 4 firefighters lost their lives and 13 were injured, several critical, there was also a sense of unity amongst the city. This past August I attend the retirement party of my cousin's husband who dedicated more than 30 years to the Houston Fire Department. In a huge ball room, there was standing room only, and it was incredible to listen to the stories these men and women shared not just about my cousin's husband, but about the department and it's members. These firefighters risk their own lives everyday for the safety of others and Friday showed that some make the ultimate sacrifice. Prayers to those families who lost loved ones on Friday, all those injured, and to the entire Houston Fire Department.


Our weekend was pretty low key, which was wonderful!!! We spent time by the pool, had a nice dinner out, I did a little project for our gender reveal party, Mike did some work, and that was it!

This morning I spent some time cleaning up our patio. I mentioned a few weeks ago that my sister and her fiancé had helped me clean it, but I did a bit more today. I took all the screens off our back windows, cleaned them, and then cleaned all the glass. There were A LOT of dead bugs and I felt covered in spider webs when I was finished, but the windows were sparkly clean! This had to be done because we have new patio furniture being delivered tomorrow, which I am super excited about! Our patio has never been too exciting and we have a pretty nice patio that's covered and has a ceiling fan. It'll be so nice to get some decent furniture out there and add some character to our backyard. It'll be even nicer when the fall comes and it's cooler!

I WILL be back to posting recipes this week. I know it's been a while, but with my headaches and still dealing with nausea, I'm not cooking real exciting meals lately. However, for my own sanity, that needs to change!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the new patio furniture! Maybe there will be a cool night before the baby gets here and Andre' and I can come bring you guys dinner and we can eat it out there. Makes me want to buy some now, but that's on that "must wait to get" list, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete