Thursday, June 20, 2013

BABYMOON


Mike and I got away for a quick trip to San Antonio to celebrate our BABYMOON and for Mike to relax without work for a few days. Last time we went to San Antonio, we stayed at La Cantera…which was nice and in a great area for shopping, but I didn't care for their pool or restaurants. This time around, we stayed at the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort and absolutely loved it! We ate at three of their restaurants…all of which were great, and spent time in their 6 acres of pools, which included a nice long lazy river. Our last day, we had a couples massage..of course mine was a prenatal, and pedicures. Then we enjoyed the private pool at the spa for the rest of the day. It was the perfect get away and we would definitely go back. Here are some pictures from the past few days.



Homemade buttermilk biscuits with strawberry jalapeño jam.....WONDERFUL

Mike's strawberry jalapeño margarita

I ordered a virgin strawberry daiquiri, but after a few sips, I wasn't truly sold on the fact that it didn't contain alcohol.....so Mike drank it for me

Pretty area by the huge pool



Dinner our last night was at 18 Oaks, the resort's steakhouse. I LOVE steak, but refuse to eat it cooked anyway but medium rare and can't since I'm preggo.....so I instead ordered braised short ribs, which we heavenly!

Duck-fat parmesan fries...quite yummy! I've actually cooked with duck fat before.....I'll have to make that recipe again and post it sometime soon!

De-constructed s'mores......a nice, light dessert. We got a piece of Reese's peanut butter cup cheesecake to go too....Mike ate it for breakfast the next day!

My 20 week baby bump! I think it doubled in size just since Monday!

Mike and I after our last dinner

One view of the resort and the TPC golf course

This morning, we have our 20 week anatomy scan with the high risk doctor. We'll leave there with our sealed envelope with the BIG reveal inside! BOY OR GIRL????? We'll find out with our family and friends on Saturday! Can't wait to hear the news!!!!!!!!!!! And YES, it will be very hard not to look at that envelope, but it'll be worth the surprise on Saturday.

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




2 comments:

  1. I seriously can't stop thinking about how amazing you look!! The bump is so tiny and perfect and you look so healthy and happy. After these pictures, I think I know where we will be going for our 1 year trip! Can't wait to see y'all Saturday and find out the big news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog off of Kaitlyn's - love that you're a dog momma (I've got two of my own) and congrats on being an almost momma to a baby! xo, Kerry

    http://kerrying-on.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete