Monday, June 17, 2013

South Padre

 Thursday my mom and I left for South Padre Island for a weekend with all my mom's family. We were also celebrating one of my 15 cousin's high school graduations. I woke up that morning feeling pretty good, so I didn't take a zofran. In fact, I thought maybe I was past my nausea.... Until our flight took off! I popped a piece of ginger gum and then took out my zofran and quickly swallowed! I didn't end up getting sick, thank goodness! The descent when we arrived in Harlingen wasn't very friendly to my stomach either, but oh well! I guess it's a good thing I don't plan on taking any other flights while I'm pregnant!

Two other aunts and their families were on our flight, so we followed each other towards the island, picked up a few groceries at HEB, and then headed to the condo to check in. 

We had a fun time visiting for the two days we were there. One of my uncles put together a slide show of pictures of our entire huge family from over the years. It was so great to see pictures from my childhood I haven't seen in forever! It made me want to recreate some of those same pictures with my own child..... Like the way my grandparents held me in the hospital when I was born, I want a picture of my parents holding our baby the same way. There were also a few pictures from our wedding with my cousins dancing with me. It was fun reminiscing with my wonderful family...we missed my grandparents not being there, but I'm super excited to see them this coming weekend!

The sun didn't come out until the late afternoon, but we still got some color!


All my mom's siblings and a few spouses.

Three of my cousins... Including Montana whose graduation we celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment