Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend


Yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning and doing laundry. And by cleaning, I mean cleaning out the rooms upstairs. I had let one of the rooms up there completely go and since it's the room we're going to use as a nursery, I thought I'd better start getting all the crap cleared out. I should have taken a picture of it before…let's just say, there wasn't much room to walk through the room. Now it's nice and clean and so is the closet! There's already some baby stuff in there too!

Our Memorial Day weekend was great and relaxing! On Friday night we went to dinner with Mike's parents and had a great time. Saturday Mike had a much needed massage and I stayed home and cleaned bathrooms. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing…meaning we did nothing but lay around! That evening we went to HEB and got brushetta turkey sliders to grill. Mike liked them…they did not agree with my pregnant belly. I ate a lot of mac & cheese instead!

Sunday was our precious Pasha's 7th birthday! It's hard to believe she's that old already. She's still so active and has such a personality. We hit up the pool that afternoon, which is always interesting on a holiday weekend. It was crowded and there were quite a few people there who I'm pretty sure do not live anywhere close to our town……no really, I heard them talking about how it took them an hour to get there! Even though our neighborhood pool is nice, I think we will head to a different township pool on the weekends! That evening, we went to church, where we sat through what may have been one of the best Masses I've ever been to. It was a mass of Thanksgiving and was given by a newly ordained priest who grew up in our parish. He looked so young for a priest, but is only a year younger than me. His whole family was there and his homily was fabulous! It reminded my mom of going to her uncle's first mass as a newly ordained priest over 45 years ago. We were still talking about what a great mass it was on Monday. 



Monday was pretty lazy and relaxing too. We took a walk that morning, went to lunch, and ran a couple of errands before coming home and taking a nap. We grilled burgers that night and watched The Voice!

Yummy, cheddar, bacon, bbq burgers! (If you want to make your burger great, go buy the buns from Fuddruckers!)

We're 17 weeks today and I'm still waking up nauseous and having to take the zofran. Other than that and the occasional TERRIBLE headache, I'm doing okay….just finding it hard to wait for that 20 week anatomy scan and our gender reveal party when we know if we're having a girl or boy!

The Vinylmations that came for our gender reveal party......we started collecting the vinylmations on our last trip to Disney and one of these will be a great addition!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





No comments:

Post a Comment