Friday, April 26, 2013

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits


So this week has been a little busy and to be honest, I haven't cooked much. Mike's been working a little later and by the time he gets home, we're tired and ready for bed…..so who wants to cook late, NOT ME! Anyways, I only cooked Monday and Wednesday and while Monday was boring chicken and veggies, I added garlic cheddar biscuits…..which I could have eaten as a meal by themselves! They're pretty much just like the Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster, which I have not eaten at since I was in middle school. While I have the recipe for those exact Red Lobster biscuits, it called for cubed butter, crumbling it with a pastry cutter, and then mixing with your hands, which I was not in the mood for. So instead, I grabbed my handy Paula Dean recipe for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits, because it doesn't get easier than that recipe! 

GARLIC CHEDDAR BISCUITS


INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 cups biscuit mix 
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
1/2 cup water

Garlic Butter
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine the biscuit mix and cheese in a small bowl. Add water and stir until just combined. The dough will be slightly moist. 

Drop the dough onto a baking sheet by the tablespoons. I used an ice cream scoop to get biscuits of the same size.

Bake for about 10 minutes, until the biscuits are firm and beginning to brown.

While the biscuits are baking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the garlic powder, salt, and parsley flakes. Stir to combine and take off heat.

As soon as you take the biscuits out of the oven, brush them with the garlic butter using a pastry brush.


Have a wonderful weekend!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




1 comment:

  1. Looks like I know what I'm making myself tonight! We used to make these all the time in college. With mac & cheese. And chicken nuggets. Oh, college.

    ReplyDelete