Monday, April 8, 2013

A good weekend


Friday afternoon was approaching quickly and I of course hadn't made it to the store yet for ingredients for Friday pizza night. I guess my mom sensed it and called and invited us over for pizza at their house. Little did I know she also invited us for another reason. A few hours after she invited us over for the evening, my sister's boyfriend called me. When I answered I could tell both Tammy and Keith were on the phone. They were calling to tell me the exciting news that they had just gotten engaged! Mike and I are so excited for them! My sister has been through more than most 20 somethings should go through and for her to find happiness again just means the world to our family! Keith is a great addition to our family and he is so good to my sister. We're excited for their future and their wedding in the spring of 2014! When we were over at my parent's for dinner, we were able to FaceTime with the newly engaged couple and see Tammy's BEAUTIFUL ring! 

Saturday morning came early! The couple we're sponsoring from church came over for another meeting at 10 and I had prepared brunch for all of us. It was another great meeting and we're looking forward to another later this week. When they left, Mike went running, I cleaned up the kitchen, and then we took a drive on some back roads into the next town over. We were going to see our friends Traci and Matt's new house! I've known Traci since freshman year of high school, but have been great friends since senior year. She and Matt got married last January and just bought their first house together only about 30 minutes from us. Their house is beautiful and we're so excited for them! We left their house, grabbed some Mexican food, and then drove by our old house. It of course looked terrible! The yard hasn't been kept up, weeds are coming up through the driveway, and the bushes are all growing on top of each other. We didn't really feel sad about it,  especially after driving through the neighborhood... we just know even more definitively that we're so glad we moved when we did!

Sunday morning Mike did yard work and washed my car, while I cleaned the house and did laundry. By noon, we were tired! We relaxed the rest of the day and watched The Avengers, and then the ACM's. I got a major migraine in the late afternoon, so I planted myself in the recliner for the entire evening.

This week my goal is to do some major spring cleaning! We'll see if that happens! :)

Hope you have a blessed week!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





1 comment:

  1. send my congrats to tammy! So happy to see her in a loving relationship :)

    ReplyDelete