Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A busy Monday


I missed my weekend update because yesterday was pretty busy! It was a gorgeous morning, so I went for a walk. It was a cool morning and so peaceful in our part of the woods.  I then came home and started cleaning our very messy house. No matter what, at the end of each weekend, the bar/island in our kitchen is covered in crap and our entire house looks messy. I also did 5 loads of laundry, and waited around for the air conditioning repair man to come. I was stuck at the house waiting for him, so my wonderful mom brought me lunch…….I hadn't made it to the grocery store yet and was beginning to starve!

Anyways, we had a good weekend! Friday night my parents hosted a celebratory dinner for my sister and her fiancĂ©. My dad grilled steaks, which is always better than getting any steak at a nice steakhouse. Then while we were still sitting at their dining room table, my dad disappeared, called my mom to wherever he was and then they both reappeared with champagne to toast the newly engaged couple. It was a good night…..especially after watching coverage of the awesome law enforcement in Boston finding the second bomber.

Saturday morning we drove to Mike's parent's to celebrate birthdays…only we had the day wrong. Oh well……we were already in the part of town, so we ate lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Pappasito's and got me new running shoes. We relaxed the rest of the day and took a walk with the dogs that evening. I cooked a frozen pizza for dinner, but this wasn't a normal frozen pizza. If you live close to an HEB, you MUST go buy a Leonardo's of Naperville deep dish pizza. Leonardo's used to be a restaurant in downtown Naperville, Illinois. We lived there for 4 years when I was a little kid and loved it! We ate at Leonardo's quite a bit. They were known for their Chicago style deep dish and stuffed mushrooms. I'd say my parents were pretty lucky, their young children ate mushrooms! Back to the point…….the restaurant is no longer there, but they still ship and sell their wonderful pizzas to grocery stores across the country. If you buy this pizza, which I strongly suggest, you must follow the 9 directions on the side of the box. Yes, that's a lot of directions for a frozen pizza, but it's totally worth it!




Sunday we went back to Mike's parent's house to celebrate 3 birthdays. My father-in-law's birthday was this past Thursday and Mike & his twin sister's birthdays are a week from today. It was a fun day visiting with the family, celebrating birthdays, and my sis & bro-in-law moving back to Houston from Louisiana! When we got home, we relaxed until Pasha got horribly sick. Usually we know when she's getting sick because her body starts moving back and forth and she makes these deep throat sounds….only that wasn't the case. She got sick 3 times within 10 minutes, two of which were on our rug. Of course an hour later, she was fine!

Have a good Tuesday! I'm off to do some much needed spring cleaning! Time to get rid of some stuff!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




1 comment:

  1. Well I know the first meal we will eat when we move back! That pizza looks delicious.

    Bowden did the same thing as Pasha this morning. I hate not knowing why it's happening!

    ReplyDelete