Monday, May 20, 2013

Busy, but fun


Friday morning my awesome sister and her fiancĂ© came over in the morning to help me clean off our back patio. We also attempted to clean our gas grill that hasn't been used in about a year. After starting the daunting task, we realized there were a lot of broken parts and it'd be easier to just get a new one! Then we Goodwilled our old patio set, along with the lounge chairs from my parent's old house. That evening, I made dinner…I think it was the first Friday in over a month I actually cooked! I of course, didn't take any pictures, but I'll post the recipe below. It's a salad with Doritos crusted chicken tenders!

Saturday morning my crazy husband ran over 6 miles after not running all week, because work is so busy. He then came home, re-hydrated and went on a 3 mile walk with me. After doing some work around the house, we went to the pool. It wasn't too crowded which was nice, but the water was a bit cold! That evening we went to dinner at Pappasito's and then to Lowes to buy a new grill and look at new patio furniture.

Relaxing by the pool

Sunday was so nice and productive! Mike played golf while I cleaned out my closet and hung up all the maternity clothes I've bought. I did wear a cute maternity dress to dinner on Saturday night, but I'm still in my normal clothes for the most part. Mike didn't get home in time for church, so I met my parents there and then came home and picked Mike up for dinner. We just went up to our favorite local pizza place and had a quick dinner.

This week is already getting pretty busy! Today I ran errands all morning, tomorrow I have a massage and an adjustment, which I'm looking really forward to, and I have to wait around for the AC repair man to come…..apparently one of the drains on the side of the house is continuously leaking and shouldn't be. Wednesday I'm stuck at home all day for something that's not too exciting. I have to do a 24 hour urine test before my 16 week appointment on Thursday morning. It's to make sure my kidneys are working properly and not contributing to my high blood pressure…which I'm pretty sure is not the case after consulting with the high risk doctor 2 weeks ago. I can't wait for Thursday morning when we get to hear our little one's heart beat again! I'm so glad these weeks are flying by!!!!

Have a great week!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany


Justin's Chicken Tender Salad....adapted from Aaron McCargo Jr. on the Food Network

Ingredients
1 (8-ounce) bag spicy chips (recommended: Doritos)
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, beaten
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
1 cup vegetable oil
1 to 2 tablespoons Big Daddy Seasoning, recipe follows
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
2 cups field greens
1 (12-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 (16-ounce) bottle ranch dressing

Directions
With hands crush each bag of chips separately into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, add 1 cup of flour and in another shallow dish; beat 3 eggs. Dredge chicken strips in flour, then egg and finally into the crushed tortillas. Dredge half the chicken in the spicy chips and the other half into the blue corn chips. Transfer to plate. Sprinkle with Big Daddy seasoning.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Add chicken strips 1 at a time and pan- fry until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan onto a plate and reserve.

In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, field greens, beans, plum tomatoes, Cheddar, and fresh cilantro. Top with cooked chicken and ranch dressing.

Big Daddy Seasoning:
1 tablespoon smokey paprika
1 tablespoon granulated onion powder
1 tablespoon cup granulated garlic powder
3 teapsoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon cup kosher salt
In a small bowl, mix ingredients together.




No comments:

Post a Comment