Wednesday, May 15, 2013

15 Weeks


Today exactly, we are 15 weeks along. We announced to our friends on Facebook last night that we're expected our first child in early November. There was some major college basketball news yesterday and my sister-in-law brought us a baby Jayhawk jersey, so it was perfect timing for us to announce. (Major college basketball news: Andrew Wiggins, the #1 recruit in the country, best since LaBron James, signed with Kansas yesterday…ironically, FSU was also an option for him)

I haven't been blogging much because my first trimester was pretty rough! I couldn't open the fridge or pantry without gagging because my nausea was so bad, which led to me NOT cooking! Below is a small recap of our 1st 13 weeks. Although it was rough, I am looking so forward to feeling the baby kick for the first time….I have a feeling once that happens, those bad weeks will disappear!

February 22: The morning of my sister's birthday I woke up nauseous. I was 2 days away from starting that time of the month and it could have very easily been that making me feel bad. I decided to take a pregnancy test anyway and in less than a minute it read POSITIVE! I was so excited! I took 2 more tests later in the day just to make sure..they were also POSITIVE! I had this grand idea of getting baby balloons and tying them to our dogs' collars so when Mike got home from work, the dogs would go running to him with the baby balloons. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN! I got the balloons, tied them to Pasha and she freaked out! Started running around the kitchen looking behind her as if she was trying to get rid of them! I finally stopped her and cut them off her collar. I decided to just tie them to a bar stool and place them in the hallway where Mike comes in from the garage. When he walked in, he just stopped and gave me a funny look. He couldn't believe it either! We shared some happy tears and then hurried to my sister's birthday celebration. Thank goodness I had a run the next morning and was able to use that as my excuse as to why I wasn't drinking!

The next few weeks were fine, life was normal, I felt fine! Then week 5 hit!

March 10: I woke up that morning and wished I wouldn't have! I haven't been that sick since 2007 when I ended up in the hospital with mono! I wasn't able to keep anything down, NOTHING! I stayed in bed most of the day, which was not fun. What was especially upsetting was, my mom had given us tickets to see Chris Tomlin and I wasn't able to go. Mike went and occasionally sent me videos of different songs, which made me cry of course. My mom asked me that day, "Are you sure you're not pregnant?" I of course lied and said "No MOM!"

From that day on for the next 3 weeks, I was sick all day…multiple times a day! The only thing I could keep down was McDonald's. So for 3 awful weeks, that's all I ate and still lost 7 pounds!

So from week 8 until week 14 I was still nauseous and still getting sick, but only once or twice a day instead of 5 or 6 times a day. At the end of week 13, my doctor finally gave me Zofran, and it has become my friend! Except for the massive headaches it gives me each afternoon like clockwork!

Our 8 and 12 week appointments have gone well baby-wise! Me, not so much! I've had really high blood pressure and heart rate readings at each appointment, which led to me seeing my primary care doctor, buying a BP cuff, and monitoring my vitals on my own for 2 weeks straight, twice daily. I of course, got perfectly normal reads. At my 12 week appointment, they did a lot of blood work to make sure there was nothing internally causing my BP to spike. That all came back normal. It still bothered my doctor and last Friday she sent me to the high risk doctor. I really liked her a lot and she reassured me that I was fine! My vitals were a bit high when I got there, but they took it again at the end, and I was fine. I think I get anxious when it comes to checking on the baby and hearing it's heartbeat…which has been strong and steady each time! The high risk doctor was going to send over some recommendations for my doctor, which could lead to more ultrasounds…..but I have no problem getting to see out little one more often!

Mike and I feel so blessed to be going through this wonderful, amazing journey of bringing a child into the world. We know some times will be scary, but we are so excited! Below are some pictures from the past few months!

 the balloons I got to tell Mike!

We told my family on Good Friday, which was also KU's Sweet 16 game


We told Mike's family on Easter Sunday. It's hard to see my shirt, but it had a chick in the shape of an egg and said Hatching in November.



The adorable Jayhawk basketball jersery my sister-in-law gave us yesterday...timing couldn't have been more perfect!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany



1 comment:

  1. Love all of this SO much!! I realized last night that I'd forgotten to ask how you told Mike, I knew it would be adorable :)

    Had so much fun yesterday - so glad we are back in Houston and here for this fun time!

    ReplyDelete