Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sweet 16


That's right….the Jayhawks are heading to Texas Stadium for the Sweet 16! Friday night we had a yummy pizza dinner and then watched KU beat Western Kentucky. It wasn't a pretty game, but a win's a win! Saturday we watched more basketball and then got ready to meet friends for dinner and a movie. We had a yummy Italian meal and then saw Oz the Great and Powerful. The movie was kind of a disappointment. It just made me really excited for Wicked to come back to town, just in time for my birthday too!

Sunday was extremely lazy! Mike did some work, I watched several episodes of NCIS that I've already seen before, watched some more basketball, and then we went on a drive. Our neighborhood is still in the build out stages, so we headed to the far other side to see what it looked like. We also heard another pool would be open by June, so we went looking for it. It's not started yet, so I'm guessing the June opening probably isn't going to happen. It was a beautiful day for a little drive too. We got home just in time for our Jayhawk tip-off…..watched a terrible first half and then saw a FABULOUS come back to win the game by 12!

Monday was probably the busiest Monday I've had since resigning from my job. My alarm went off at 6 am....but I snoozed until 6:30. I got ready and then headed to my sister's house. She was having her carpets cleaned, but couldn't be home because she had to work, so I sat at her house while it was done. Of course, they started and within 3 minutes their machine broke and had to go get another truck. It took a little longer than usual, but that's okay! I then left, went to Target, the grocery store, and home. Mike had an afternoon doctor appointment to have his ankle checked out. It hasn't felt  good since his last half marathon. The appointment was fine, he didn't care for the doctor, and decided he would just take care of it on his own. I cooked dinner and then we watched the season premier of The Voice.......I know it doesn't sound like a lot in one day, but when you're no longer used to waking up that early and driving far, and being on the go, I was a little tired!

I'm looking forward to this weekend…..Friday for the KU game and Sunday for Easter! It will be a great weekend spent with wonderful family!

Hope you have a wonderfully, blessed week!

pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




1 comment: