Thursday, January 24, 2013

Those who say you can't buy happiness have never had a puppy


Those who say you can't buy happiness have never had a puppy.

All my life until I was 23, I did not like dogs…or any animal for that matter. I was scared of them when I was a little kid, and as I got older, I just got used to not having a pet. 

It wasn't until I was 23, shopping in Old Navy, and ran into one of my old drill team directors from high school, that I all of the sudden wanted a puppy.  While shopping, she was holding this precious little puppy, that couldn't have been more than 3 pounds. The pup was white and brown, with black tipped ears, and as I pet it, that dog didn't try to lick or bite me. The adorable little dog just sat there and let me pet her. I went home (still living at home while I finished my degree) and that dog is all I talked about. I started researching the breed and where I could get one. All the while, without my knowledge, my parents and sister were trying to find me one that looked just like the one I saw while shopping in Old Navy.

My family pulled off the ultimate surprise that forever changed my life.  I will never forget the day I walked outside to greet my family after being gone and my sister stepped out of the car with MY puppy. Her name was already Pasha, and it fit her like a glove. She brought and continues to bring us all happiness, laughter, and sometimes a little grief….but what child doesn't?!

When Pasha and I moved out after I got married, my parents had puppy withdrawals. While looking for a dog of the same breed for them, I came across a breeder who had two little girls, just waiting for loving homes. My mom and dad came home with one, and my husband and I welcomed a second pup, Carly, into our home. 

Some would say we're a little dog crazy in our house; rushing home from work to let them out, coordinating work schedules so that they're not cooped up too long in one day, or talking about them like they're our children. They are a vital part of our family and we wouldn't have it any other way! 

Miss Pasha

Little Carly 




pups & kisses,
  Tiffany




1 comment:

  1. What a JOY these pups have brought to our family!!! I also remember the day we suprised Tiff with her "ball of fur" birthday gift! What a fun day!!! If we had known how much fun and unconditional love a dog could provide (and that there were breeds that didn't shed)we would have had one long before!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete