Friday, September 27, 2013

34 weeks and 2 days


I had been dreading this week for a while, because it was so busy for Mike and me. We had two classes at the hospital, two doctor's appointments, and Mike had lots of important meetings at work all week. We made it through though and it flew by!

Wednesday we had another ultrasound with our high risk doctor….only she was in a meeting and we never saw her, just the tech. We had the same tech as last time…she kept saying things like "This kid is big! Let me measure that again…oh that was right!" At 34 weeks Logan's in the 96% for body size and weighing 6.8 pounds. That's more than I weighed when I was born 5 days late! As my doctor said at our appointment on Thursday, "I can thank Mike for our child's size!" (He was 8.9 pounds as a twin!) At our Thursday appointment I asked my OB how accurate the weight is when seen on an ultrasound…she said it could be + or - a pound…..so technically, he could weigh more than 6.8 pounds, but I'm hoping it's less! I'm so glad he's healthy, but I'm worried about our last 6 weeks and how much he'll continue to grow. That leads me to my blood pressure. At our 30 and 32 week appointments, my blood pressure was somewhat better when I went to my doctor, however, at yesterday's appointment it was back to being sky high! It's also spiked twice when I haven't been at the doctor when I've taken it on my own at home. With that being said, my doctor ordered another 24 hour urine test to be done before my 36 week appointment. This will determine if my BP is just being stubborn, or if there's any preeclampsia to be worried about. With my blood pressure and Logan's size, my doctor is pretty sure we'll be inducing at 38 weeks. That's only 4 weeks away!!! We are pretty much ready for our little BIG man's arrival and can't wait to meet him!

The nursery is complete, his playroom is complete, and the cradle my grandfather made that we'll be using in our room when Logan first comes home is almost ready! I spruced it up with Old English and went to Lowe's and had a nice guy help me replace all of the 30 year old hardware. My dad and Mike will be putting it back together this weekend and then our room will be complete too! Below are pictures of the nursery and playroom. We're really happy with how it all turned out!











pups & kisses,
  Tiffany





2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you! I had preeclampsia with Kennedy and she was born at 35w5d - she was a healthy 6lbs 10.5oz and her lungs were great, so I think him being on the larger size is a really great thing if you don't end up going the full 40 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff- the nursery turned out so cute! I love it! I'm ready to meet Logan when he's ready!

    ReplyDelete